Project REWICOOP. Rights to Work Info Centres of Transnational Cooperation was created to pay attention to posted workers situation and rights. It is implemented in Poland,Spain, Norway, Romania, Lithuania and in Slovakia. Its main idea is to promote provisions of the directive concerned rights and obligations of such employees. This project i salso based on strenghtening cooperations among organizations from member countries. Within the framework of the project there were held multiple meetings like for example in Vilnius and in Madrid. During the meeting situation of posted workers in partnership countries was presented as well as representatives from trade unions and public institutions made statements. What is more, also a debate on opportunities for overall improvement of the situation took place. The project includes promotion of posted workers rights and of the best practices for posting workers through the new „Post Employees Rights” website (http://postedrkersrights.eu).undefined
Promotional video PL https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6vjjvteu46wmfb/REWICoop...
Promotional video EN https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqrvqkp6fef1pxy/REWICoop...
The result of all activities and project itself was:
• ensured greater cross-border cooperation between States
• strengthened rights of posted workers as well as delivered awarness about this subject
• greater involvement of public institutions and NGOs in development of measures for transposition of the EU Posted Workers Directive.
Detailed project objectives:
- To improve transnational administrative cooperation between national competent bodies and social partners involved in the monitoring and correct application of Posting of Workers, Directive 96/71/EC. The use by national authorities of control measures that in some cases go beyond what is strictly necessary and justifiable to verify compliance with the Directive and ensure protection of posted workers. This will further lead to defining rules of cooperation and mutual agreements.
- To increase mutual trust among stakeholders, including promoting exchanges of relevant officials and training. The greater communication and lobby meetings with all stakeholders during the project implementation will sustain a follow-up cooperation and internal control/monitoring mechanisms.
- To develop and promote best practice initiatives in the area of posting of workers in the framework of temporary provision of services via joint inspection visits, international trainings and international conference.
- To provide better information for posted workers and multinational companies regarding terms and conditions for post of workers in the EU via launching web-based information centre.
- Last but not least as final result of the project, partners and participants of international events will provide common propositions and recommendations for the decision making bodies at national and European level in order to improve the general rules for posting of workers.
- To improving expertise in the area of posting of workers and equip trade unions with knowledge and skills for monitoring the posting of workers.